Mittwoch, 7. November 2007

Things I Have Learned to Like, Things I Have Learned to Miss

The Things I've Learned to Like
  • heavy brown bread
  • mostly vinegar, then salt and oil on salad
  • black currant syrup with water -- "juice"
  • Butte tea, but ONLY with lemon. (It's red and bitter tea...hard to explain. It has a particular smell)
  • herbs in all the food, the salt "Kräutersalz", etc.
  • wearing house shoes. yes. birkenstocks. yes, with socks.
  • turning the water off when I'm taking a shower
  • shopping
  • taking the subway
  • duvets
  • 3 meals a day, with the main at 2.30 after school
  • writing letters by hand
  • Speaking German ;)
  • the fake euro kiss
  • scarves
  • the way europeans write their numbers
  • reading their version of cursive. what a feat...
  • running up three flights of stairs at once
  • open windows for fresh hair
  • Schlagobers. Homemade whipped cream without sugar

Things (not people) I've learned to Miss

  • when I could spend a lot of time alone in my bedroom and have no one think that was a big deal
  • a little bit of mess in a house
  • the hardwood floors in my house for some reason
  • knowing how far away things are. clueless about km!
  • Thanksgiving
  • doing my own laundry and having a dryer
  • hugs
  • saying I love you
  • SCHOOL
  • having a kitchen big enough for people to be in
  • knowing how much I weigh, what sizes I wear, etc
  • being articulate and being treated like an adult
  • cheese that doesn't smell very, very, very strong
  • the threatre. I can see as much as I want here, but I can't participate
  • optional sports (as opposed to compulsary)
  • my stereo
  • inside jokes
  • my family's cars
  • not having enough time to breathe

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

oh fine fine don't miss any people. that's cool.