Mittwoch, 12. September 2007

The Pope. Week Two Ends

It's been a while, but things are going well here. I said the other night at dinner to my host family, "Austria is now normal for me, and I am happy here." I felt as though I wasn't thanking them enough for what they do for me and wanted to let them know how I was feeling. AFS always said that was important at least.

So Friday the Pope visited Vienna. I left school early with a group that was mostly younger school kids and we waited for three hours in pouring rain. I saw a friend of mine from AFS USA, Cory.
There were a ton of people there and they were all really excited. I know it was sort of a big deal because it's the Pope, but the whole time I was sort of miserably wet and cold. To pass the time I imagined what the Pope is like when he's on his own. Do you think he like, stands in front of mirror and is like, "Dude, I'm the Pope. THE POPE" And when raises his hands over a crowd and they all clap is he thinking like "HELL yeah!"? I don't know.
Anyway, as soon the Pope got there I told Iris we should leave pretty soon or else she would pass out from total cold-and-wetness. She was shaking horribly. 5 minutes after I said this, the power went out.
Sunday we went to Stephansdom for his Mass, and it rained only a little, and was also like 3 hours. But it was better and I believe there were 33,000 people there.

What else? We went to Niederösterreich this weekened to an aunt's house and picked apples and pears. It seems that if you're not in a city here, you're in a farm. There is no gray zone.

School is getting better, especially when I speak German. There are two girls I am getting along with well. Gym class still sucks, and I still can't do sports, but what can you do?

I really am enjoying myself here though. These two weeks have been quick.

Now I have a little free time so I will go take a walk for a while.

Keine Kommentare: